Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Letters to the Sky


I remember as a child, I would tie a message to a balloon and let it fly off. I loved watching the balloon dance in the wind as it flew up and away. I sent my message out into the unknown hoping it would go for miles before it finally landed. I imagined someone would find it on the ground and read, with a smile, all of the secrets it contained. I can’t remember what I wrote to those unknown recipients. I just remember the sense of magic I felt at writing letters to the sky.

I think it would be fun to once again write a message and send it out to the world.
  • Write a message and tie it to a balloon and watch it fly off
  • Put a message in a bottle and let it float out into the water
  • Write a message on a post-it note and put it somewhere random - like a bathroom stall, a wall, or at a bus stop
  • Write in the snow, in the sand, or on the ground
  • Write something besides, “clean me” on the dusty car windshield
  • Write on a fogged bathroom mirror
  • Buy or borrow some chalk and write on the sidewalk
  • Write a message in a card, seal it in an envelope and leave it for someone to find



No comments:

Post a Comment

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...