Saturday, June 2, 2012

Book in a Month Pt 9: Week Two, Let the Writing Begin!




Here are the things I did to put off writing today:
  • I went on deviantart and found a bunch of mermaid pictures for inspiration
  • I made a writing playlist
  • I cooked bacon and made BLTs

I was very nervous. But I knew that if I were to get anything done I had to start somewhere.

So, I began typing.

Even though I didn't like what was coming out, at least it is something. It was a start! I am going to just keep typing and see where the story leads me. I can always go back and re-write later.

Time to forge ahead!


Wishing on Daisies 
Current Progress: 1860 words
Chapter 1 - Complete. 
Chapter 2 - In Progress

When I am writing I have one window open on one side with my outline and notes and another window open on the other side with the story. 

How do you write?

8 comments:

  1. Cooking bacon is never a waste of time. Never. Just sayin'.

    How do I write...well, for the past five months, not at all, apart from blogging! But when I do write, it's longhand in a notebook, with other notes and lots of coffee nearby.

    Kudos for completing your first chapter! :-)
    Some Dark Romantic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard longhand is very conducive to writing. I really need to try that more! Thanks for the kudos :) It really helps a lot.

      It was turkey bacon. Which I have never tried. Usually I eat facon bacon (vegetarian). The turkey bacon was only 30 calories and 2g of fat for 2 slices. Too bad I like to eat a whole package. hahaha.

      Delete
  2. I just write. Usually when I start a project, I already have the scenes I want to write first in my head. And I jump around. My next one I'm gonna try plot out all the scenes first. So we'll see how that goes.

    Keep on forging ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing, and for the encouragement Suzi! I always find it very interesting to see how other writers write. Good luck with the plotting. I love plotting so much that I have to be careful that I don't plot so much that I never actually write anything. :)

      Andrea

      Delete
  3. Great job! Mmm, bacon. When I write, it's just me and the word processor. Unfortunately, days like yesterday, I get tired headaches and I can't even look at a screen. So I missed writing yesterday.

    I've given you the Booker Award. Pop on over to my blog to pick it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...whenever bacon is involved, all other priorities must wait their turn ;)

    When writing, I actually prefer minimal lighting, to set the mood, and as little noise as possible. On occasion some light music can be endured, but very soft, and only during rare moments, depending on the material I'm hammering out at the time ;)

    El

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Love it when that happens! I also find inspiration in the pics on coolvibe.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for sharing that pic of hotness btw! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...