Saturday, June 2, 2012

Book in a Month Pt 8: Setting Goals for Writing a Book in a Month


My Goal
  • My goal is to finish a rough draft of Wishing on Daisies this month. Whether its 15,000 words or 50,000.
  • I will keep track of my progress by how many pages/chapters I finish. I currently have 10 chapters total in the rough plot.
  • I will try to write 3 chapters a week as my target goal.

So Far..
I created a Rough Plot of my entire story. It is already done. Yay!
Similar to the Snowflake Method, I just need to expand upon each of the ideas in my rough plot and voila I have a rough draft. Unfortunately, it is never that easy. :)

Daily Goal
I do think setting a daily goal is very important because it helps to break down the big project into manageable chunks. Here is my daily goal:

Write Everyday

If I write today I am happy. If I don't write today, then I try harder to write tomorrow. I hope this works! We shall see how things go...

What kind of writing goals do you set for yourself, or have tried?

6 comments:

  1. Goals are so important when your doing things like NaNo, but I think rewarding yourself for achieving those goals is even more important. It keeps you motivated. Like today I want to hit 5K and I have a bar of my favourite chocolate on hold for when I hit that.
    Overall I want to complete a first draft of Damaged Souls this month, and I'm aiming for a word count of 60K. It's going well so far.
    Good luck with your goals :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are totally rocking your goals, Laura! I know you are going to make it! :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome plan, Andrea!I know you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I hope you are doing well too. I know it is gonna be a difficult month but we can do it!

      Delete
  3. Fantastic plan! I try to write every day, even if it's just a hundred words, but sometimes it isn't possible. I think about writing a lot, though. I work out several things in my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! I have an easier time writing on the weekends. During the week when I have to work I get soo tired by the time I come home that I don't feel like writing. I think that we have the intention of writing every day is a very good thing, plus there is always daydreaming. I count that as working on a novel :)

      Delete

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...