Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Writer's Cup


He’s hot, dark, rich, and nothing lures The Muse quite like him. I’m talking about Joe.
Cuppa Joe, that is.

I adore weekend mornings when I get to drink home brewed coffee. It is my first thought when I wake up. Coffay. I pad downstairs in my robe and pjs, and start the coffee maker. Soon the air is filled with the percolating sounds, and rich aroma of the nectar of life. That first cup is always the best. I like to put a ton of milk, and creamer in mine. Stir it slowly and watch the clouds swirl in a dark liquid dream. A sprinkle of cinnamon on top and I'm in Java Heaven.

I wrap my hands around the warm cup, and breathe in. Ahhhh bliss. Creamy, sweet, dark, hot-what a way to start the day. It energizes my derp-tarded brain, making me feel more awake. Coffee (or its lesser, tea) is the perfect companion to writing! A coffee ritual energizes and relaxes at the same time, getting you in the perfect mindset to write.

Some writers’ like my friend, even have a special cup that they only drink from when they write. What a great idea. Why not choose a special cup for your writing practice? :)

Sweet coffee, warm coffee
Tasty in my tum
Creamy coffee, happy coffee
Yum, yum, yum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...